Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

E.L.F. Review & Swatches.

Hey guys! So, I've tried a few E.L.F. products & most of them I actually love. If you aren't familiar with E.L.F., it's a "drugstore" brand of low cost makeup & makeup tools. The offer different "lines" of products ranging from $1 to kits costing $150.
A couple of weeks ago, their website had a deal where if you bought at least $15 worth of products, you got shipping for $1.98 so I decided to pick up a few things to try. Here's a quick review and swatch of what I got.

E.L.F. Blush in Gotta Glow ($3)



I'm still kind of 50/50 in my opinion of this product. Because I'm extremely pale, I can't really find a good highlighting color that's not a white eyeshadow haha. I like the color of this blush for highlighting but I HATE the texture of it! It's super chalky and really flaky. If you get it, be sure to apply it with a light hand & a fluffy brush.



E.L.F. Complexion Perfection Tone Correcting Powder ($3)


I don't wear a full face of foundation on a day to day basis. 90% of the time I just throw on a little concealer and a light dusting of a face powder. Not only do I have terrible dark circles but I have a lot of redness, specifically on my cheeks. Because this product has four different colors, it's supposed to neutralize you skin tone (Yellow neutralizes red & brightens, blue neutralizes orange, green neutralizes red, & pink neutralizes grey). The website says it's meant to be mixed together & applied, which I did & I hated it! It just looked like baby powder on my skin. I didn't think it was possible for me to look any more pasty, but it is. (Plus, I have dry skin and it just looked a hot, hot mess)  I then used just the colors I needed on the problem areas & that worked slightly better. On the up side, the texture is kind of nice. It's a really smooth, fine powder. Overall though, I would not buy this product again.



E.L.F. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Nude Pink ($1)


Let me start off by saying I loved this product. It's a neatly odd mixture of textures, kind of like a lipstick, kind of like a lipgloss. It's not super pigmented but it has just enough to make your lips look nice. It's not sticky at all and has some pretty great staying power for the price tag. I would definitely purchase more of these.



E.L.F. Lipstick in Nostalgic ($1)


Another win for E.L.F., this lipstick is lovely. It's a really nice nudey pink & the exact color I've been searching for. It has a slight luster to it but it's not super shimmery or anything. Because I'm pale have a warm skin tone, I can't really find a nice, natural looking nude, but this one does it. It can be a bit patchy, so I have to apply it & blend it out with my finger. I've tried a few other lipsticks from this particular line & I can say I love them all so I would definitely buy more.



E.L.F. Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude ($3)


This lipstick is almost exactly like Nostalgic but slightly more pigmented and has a matte finish. It looks amazing underneath a nude gloss. Again, it's kind of patchy applying it straight from the tube, so I blend it out with my finger. I would definitely purchase this again. Love it!



E.L.F. Makeup Mist & Set ($3)

For me, this was the biggest bummer. I think everyone needs a good setting spray, especially for a night out & about so I was hoping that this would be a good cheaper alternative but I was wrong. I hate this. The website says that it is supposed to moisturize and soothe skin while keeping your makeup in place. For me, as soon as I sprayed it, it made all the powder I'd used gather on my face. I would not purchase this again.


Overall, I absolutely love E.L.F. and I think they have some really awesome products. If you've tried any of these, let me know what you think!
You can purchase E.L.F. products at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ and most drugstores. (Around here, our Target, K-Mart, & Dollar Stores have it.)

Thanks for reading!
xo Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment